Tuesday 19 March 2013

Seoul Amazeballs- Part Two

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"하나님이 세상을 이처럼 사랑하사 독생자를 주셨으니 이는 저를 믿는 자마다 멸망치 않고 영생을 얻게 하려 하심이니라. "John 3:16

Seeing as today was a stay at home and do nothing day, I thought I'd blog about day 4 and 5, instead of wasting it away playing candy crush. STILL STUCK ON LEVEL 30! I don't. know. why. 

Day 4- Yeouido, Itaewon and Night Bus Tour

Haven't been to church in about a month (there wasn't anyone to take me to church in Malaysia), and being in Seoul, me and Jolene felt it was necessary to attend Yeouido Full Gospel Church. It holds the biggest Christian congregation in the world! Yonggi Cho (who founded the church) was preaching at the service I attended. I was kind of a bit star strucked... I guess that's how people feel when they see Nicky Gumbel preach or Tim Hughes lead worship back at my church in London. So YFGC was HUGE, with a full orchestra, a full choir (150 members I read), every single seat taken (the church holds 26000 with seven services every sunday!). It was a mad experience. If you're a non-Korean speaker, they usher you to the 'foreign' section where you wear headphones and listen to on the spot translation. If you're ever in Seoul on a sunday, you need a attend a service! Christians and non-Christians alike. I don't know if its like this every Sunday, but right at the end there was an opera singer, POWERFUL opera singer who sang a song. 


More cute subway craziness! See the train at the bottom of the screen? It moves as the train moves! And heres another jingle that I found! ->Here


After church we took a walk along the Han river. And it was so beautiful! Like diamonds in the sky. Another thing I love about Seoul is how much they promote family time! Just walking along the Han River you can see how many activities there are to do and how many happy families there are. Not only within family but also couples! SomanycoupleactivitiesOMGstop. 




Lil boy flying kite. 





SO BEAUITFUL. 

-_- -_-. Can you see my eyes? Cos I can't. 



Next we headed to Itaewon to look see look see. It was...interesting. SO MANY WHITE PEOPLE. I felt so at home. Finally I wasn't an English speaking minority. I don't like feeling at home in a foreign country. The point of going to a foreign country is to explore things you've never explored before. So what the point of going to a foreign country and feeling comfortable right?! Step out of your comfort zone, you'll have way more fun. 



We sneakily window shopped too. Fashion wise, the shops on the main road are mostly for Ahjummas. Seriously, not even kidding. But when you walk away from the main road through the alleys, you feel like you're walking from one generation into another. The alleys shop are definitely worth taking a look at! 


We headed into tomntoms for lunch. Well I only drank a lemon tea because I was having crazy explosive diarrhea food poisoning thing. Even the tea didn't stay in me, came straight out (Sorry). Honestly, watch what you eat. I think the mild food poisoning came from the seafood soup we ate on the first day. I haven't blogged about this actually! On the first day, we walked into a restaurant selling soups. Like its soup, what could go wrong. We ordered the thing the only thing we understood on the menu, which turned out to be seafood soup. Little did we know it came with fish intestines and everything! My tummy was definitely not used to that! 

Some yummy bread that couldn't eat much of. One corner to be exact. :( 


Still Itaewon.



We then headed to Gwanghwamun to catch the Night bus tour! The night bus tour is definitely a must! With live commentary, and amazing night scenery! Theres two options, a single decker one (5000 won) or a double decker one (10000 won). We chose the single decker one, but the double decker tour is significantly longer. Actually, there's more accurate details here. It tells you where to catch the bus and the route and everything. Check it out! But what it doesn't say is, sit on the right hand side of the bus! You get to see way more on the right, all the bridges along the Han river and everything magnificent. (This is the single decker tour I'm talking about). 




The bus stops at N Seoul tower for 10 minutes! AND THE VIEW, the view, the view will take away your breathe. SO nice! 



Definitely going again! 

Day 5- Namdaemun market and Dongdaemun

{Break} 
This post has been lying around for a few days now. I've just finished nuaing (for non-chinese, 'nuaing' is the art of idling productively.) and I've come to terms that I need to blog. To put everything in context, I currently look like this:
Attractive. 

Anyhow, day five we decided to head to Namdaemun market to check it out! It was very interesting. I usually sacrifice my sleep and wake up at 7am to go to markets in Penang. I love markets! But Namdaemun market, seriously. If you run out of bras, this is the place to be. Bras shops after bra shops. Mountains, EVERYWHERE. Most bra shop owners are male, and there's one store where the owner's actually wearing bras, one on his head and one on his boob-less chest. The one of his head wasn't even a normal bra, but a bra with reflective sequins and bells. I tried to sneak a photo, but he saw me and was like 'HELLO! HOW ARE YOU?!'. (Cue my prompt exit) Other than bra shops, the majority are ahjumma clothes shops. I really wanna try out ahjumma fashion, I sneakily think I can pull it off. HA. Also, there are whole multi-level shopping centres for childrens clothes. And the clothes are AWESOME. I understand why all the children look so good now. Cos good children fashion is so easy to get. I've made up my mind that when I have children, wherever in the world I am, I'm gonna fly here to get their clothes. Its THAT good. Back in London, children are huge, so I can fit into their jumpers etc. So I tried to look for clothes that could fit me. But I remembered, I'm in Asia, children are not (allowed to be) fat. 


This photo was taken to highlight the girls taking a photo of themselves. 

Which brings me to the subject of Zhilianing/ taking photos of yourselves. EVERYONE does it here girls and guys alike! Okay, not only of themselves, but everything else too. They do it so openly! I get embarrassed when I see them do it. I'm no longer embarrassed of taking pictures of my food anymore. 



Live cute eels! 



Korean Strawberries are THE freaking bomb! I don't know how they grow it, but it is DELISH. I had more maybe nine ten years ago. I still remember the taste! 


Amazing childhood memories!


This lady isn't a money exchanger. She was cooking Idontknowwhatkindof bug in this broth. I really wanted to try! But I only wanted one, not a cup. :( (It really did stink though)

Hoddeok! MY FAVOURITE. So so so yummy, you'll forget how unhealthy it is. 

<3

Here! The children's clothes are all like this or better! 



We went pretty early. And we spent quite a long time here because its huge. And by the time we were ready to leave loads of stores were just setting up! So we stuck around for a bit more until all the stores were open. So, a bit of advice if you're planning to come here, go later rather than earlier. 



Glorious street food. I wish I like fish cake so I could/would eat this. Meh


Next target for exploring was Dongdaemun. This place is amazing for shopping!! I've bought most of my clothes from here. But that's for another post. 

Dongdaemun gate!


Cheonggyecheon stream. So peaceful


Dongdaemun is really happening. There was a free stage set up with a DJ, and people could just get on the stage and dance. I think this is the place school kids hang out at after school. And I finally got to see some pai kia/ ruffians! 

Dukbokki and Soondae and a camera shy kimchi pancake

Over ordered as usual. Jolene wanted to try Soondae. So we ordered it. She didn't like it, I had to try to eat it all. But my explosive diarrhea condition didn't let me. Didn't know she didn't like dukbokki so, again, I had to try to eat it all. No chance. We took the left over food away, but ended up not eating it. 

That's all for day four and five! I missed out day 3 because I didn't bring out my digital camera but my film camera.

Take care you awesome people! Mwah. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment